The difference between the coated sand core shooting machine and the coated sand shell core machine is mainly on the casting mold installed on the equipment. Therefore, the production method is also different. They are mainly used for sand core casting in foundries. The appearance of this equipment marks the development of the foundry industry towards automation. The original casting shape will gradually be eliminated.
Many people have heard of core shooting machines and shell core machines, but apart from knowing that they are both casting equipment and related to “sand cores”, most people do not know the specific difference between the two. Let’s understand together!
Before we understand the difference between them, we must first know what they have in common.
1. Shell core machines and core shooting machines are similar in appearance.
2. Both core shooters and shell core machines are widely used core making equipment in the foundry industry, and they are mainly used for foundry modeling in foundries.
3. Both the core shooter and the shell core machine are machines that use the (cold) hot core box process to make coated sand cores.
4. Both core shooters and shell core shooters open and close molds in a vertical or horizontal form.
What is the difference between core shooting machine and shell core machine, how to distinguish them?
Let ’s first understand the respective definitions and characteristics of these two machines.
The core shooting machine and the shell core machine are respectively suitable for the production of coated sand cores of different specifications. At present, the core shooting machine and the shell core machine are widely used to make sand cores by the hot core box process. We take the hot core box core shooting machine and the hot core box shell core machine as examples.
Core shooting machine
The working principle of the hot core box core shooting machine is to shoot the core sand mixture using liquid or solid thermosetting resin as the binder into the heated core box. The sand core is preheated in the core box and quickly hardens to a certain thickness (about 5 ～ 10 mm) Take it out to form a high-quality sand core product with a smooth surface and accurate size. The double head core shooting machine can shoot double the mold at one time, for example, 2 or 4 or 6 sand cores with the same shape at a time.
The characteristic of the core shooting machine is that it is suitable for mass production of small and medium-sized castings with complex and high-precision structures, and it is widely used in the film-coated sand-stack casting process. In recent years, the core shooting machine has been widely used. The use of the core shooting machine not only saves the wages of high-profile molding workers but also reduces the waste of pouring risers because of the multi-box stacking pouring. The coated sand after pouring The collapsibility is very good, which is good for clearing sand.
The core shooting machine has high production efficiency, accurate sand mold size, and smooth surface, which can reduce the degree of secondary processing. The core shooting machine is suitable for the production of various small and medium-sized castings with complex structures. Processing volume can be reduced appropriately. The operation is simple and the casting yield is high. More foundries prefer to use core shooter modeling.
Shell core machine
The shell core machine is an extension of the core shooter. Unlike the core shooter, its mold frame can automatically flip 180 degrees to empty the uncured residual sand to form a shell core (hollow sand core), which can be made hollow. The core, that is, the shell core machine can be turned into a hollow sand core, or it can be made into a solid sand core without being turned over, while the core shooter cannot be turned over, but can only be made into a solid sand core. Therefore, the shell core machine can greatly reduce the amount of coated sand.
The shell core machine is usually suitable for the production of small and medium-sized casting cores with a simple structure. Because the sand core is hollow, it can save about 40% of the coated sand and electrical energy and can reduce the amount of post-processing. Reduced waste. The shell core machine can only shoot one pair of molds at a time, but the shell core machine can meet the production needs of various shell cores, its process parameters can be adjusted, and the mold temperature can be automatically controlled.
After understanding the difference between core shooting machine and shell shooting machine, if someone asks, which one is better for shell shooting machine and core shooting machine, we will recommend you to choose core shooting machine because:
The core shooting machine is made of coated sand and uses electric heating. The sand core has an accurate size, smooth surface and high production efficiency. It is suitable for the production of small and medium-sized complex casting cores such as automobiles, valves and machine tools. The ideal equipment for production efficiency. The core shooter is widely used in the foundry industry. The cores manufactured by the core shooter have precise dimensions and a smooth surface.
1. High production efficiency: the working process of the hot core box core shooting machine is completed at the same time as sand filling and compaction, and it is immediately hardened in the hot core box, and a cycle period can be produced in only ten seconds to tens of seconds Sand core for casting.
2. The sand core is of good quality: it can shoot sand cores of any complexity, and the size is accurate and the surface is smooth, which can reduce the machining allowance of castings.
3. It can save a lot of auxiliary equipment and tools for core making, such as core drying furnace, dryer, core bone, wax wire, etc.
4. Reduce labor intensity, flexible and portable operation, easy to master, using electric heating, the temperature can be automatically controlled, the workplace is easy to keep clean, creating conditions for the mechanization and automation of the core making process.
Now, do you know more about the similarities and differences between the core shooting machines and shell core shooters? As mentioned above, the core shooting machine and the shell core machine have the same function and different differences. They have their own characteristics. Delin Casting Machinery Equipment Factory specializes in the production of hot-core box core shooting machines, a variety of styles can be selected, or can be tailored according to your needs. If necessary, welcome to Call / WhatsApp or send us Email about any question on the machine, please contact us >>>Tel / WhatsApp / WeChat: +86 13960339790, Email: email@example.com